Summary:- Switching to an advanced Email client like Office 365 is always the best option for professional or self-employed users, but for the same, you also need the old email with you. In this article, we will discuss the different easy tricks to add PST File to Office 365. It also shows you the working of SysInfo PST Converter that allows users to import PST files to Office 365 with ease.
What is a PST File?
A PST file is a personal storage table that allows users to store their mailbox items like calendar events, contacts, and email messages. This advanced file format works within popular Microsoft software like Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook.
You can also import PST files locally to secure data from threats or free up the cloud storage of Outlook. In addition, the PST file is also used to store mailbox items while one will switch to any other application.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a complete cloud-based productivity platform for business enterprises. It provides you with all the features and tools used by large enterprises like Word, Outlook, Excel, One Drive, etc. It is not just a browser-based version of the Microsoft suite. Additionally, it contains all the Office components and provides reliable services such as Skype for Business, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online. Below are some benefits of Office 365:
Benefits of Using Office 365
- As Office 365 is a cloud-based service, it allows its users to access the data from anywhere on any device at any time.
- It will regularly update the data by using advanced security measures.
- Allows users to move straight for managing the mailbox of Office 365.
- You can easily edit the files, manage the projects remotely, and communicate with your teammates via different suites of applications.
- It provides an easy import/export option to add or migrate data from it.
- The data management algorithm and backup services offered by Office 365 help you to overcome the chances of data loss.
- It is a secure environment with reliable security measures in place, like two-factor authentication, which makes sure unauthorized people can’t access your files if they happen to get on your device.
How to Add PST File to Office 365?
Here’s an illustration and description of the complete process to restore PST file Office 365. The steps are easy to perform, and there are no chances of data loss. So, to-do-so, follow the steps correctly:
Method 1: Adding PST file to Office 365 Using Outlook
- Start Outlook on your system and click on the File tab.
- Opt for the Open & Export section and go to the Import/Export option.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, choose Import from another program of file.
- Now, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Choose the file you want to import.
- In the next window, you have to select what you want to import and where.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to start the Adding PST file to Office 365.
Method 2: Restore PST file Office 365 Using Network Upload
Network Upload:- The Network upload method is a built-in Microsoft method to import PST files to Office 365. One can try this simple method to add their PST files data to their Office 365 account. To start this, you need to download the Azure AzCopy tool. Note: The process is too lengthy and time-consuming.
- First of all, run the Azure AzCopy tool and copy the SAS URL.
- After that, upload the PST file by using the Azure AzCopy tool.
- Here, you can also view the PST file via MS Azure Storage Explorer.
- Now, create a CSV file for mapping purposes.
- Then create a PST import job.
- At last, your PST file will be imported into Office 365.
Method 3: Import PST files to Office 365 Using Drive Shipping
Drive shipping method:- Using this Drive shipping method, users can download their PST files to the hard drive and then import them to Microsoft. After Microsoft gets your data, it will automatically restore the data to the cloud. But, most users avoid this technique as it requires the physical adding of PST data.
- Run the WAImportExport.exe tool and get a storage key for further.
- Now, Copy the PST file to the hard drive by using this utility.
- After that, create a mapping file to migrate the PST file to the Azure storage area.
- Then, create an import job.
- Finally, ship the hard drive to Microsoft to upload the PST file to the Azure storage area.
Method 4: Add PST file to Office 365 using Professional Solution
SysInfo PST File Converter is a powerful utility to import PST files to Office 365 with 100% data accuracy. The software is competent enough to add the bulk of PST files into an Office 365 account. You can also import PST file data into Gmail, Office 365, IMAP, Zoho Mail, Hotmail, etc.
Some Popular Benefits of Using PST Converter
- Import PST files to Office 365 without any data loss.
- Convert multiple PST files to Office 365 accounts.
- Apart from Office 365, you can also add PST to Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, IMAP, etc.
- The software is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS.
- Option to exclude the duplicate emails from the chosen PST files.
- It also converts PST file to MSG, DOC, MBOX, EML, OST, CSV, etc.
Steps to Add PST file to Office 365
- Download and run the SysInfo PST Converter on your PC.
- Opt for the options: Single File or Multiple Files/Folder.
- Check the folders from the tree that you want to add.
- Here, you can also preview mail and their attachments files.
- Now, select Office 365 from the drop-down list.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and password to Sign In to your account.
- Choose the required features:
- Remove Duplicate Mail:- It allows you to remove duplicate emails.
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy:- It allows you to preserve the original folder Hierarchy.
- Migrate or Backup Emails Without Attachments files:- It enables you to exclude the attachments files.
- You can also use these options:
- Mail Filter:- To separate emails between two date ranges.
- Task Filter:- To filter out tasks between two dates.
- Custom Folder Name:- Opt for this to assign the resultant folder name.
- Click on the Convert button to start the adding of PST file to Office 365 accounts.
Adding Outlook data files (PST) to Office 365 is a common requirement in many situations. This blog provides you with the best 4-solutions to add PST file to Office 365. You can also use the SysInfo PST Converter to convert PST to Office 365 with ease. It does not require any technical skill or Outlook installation to import PST to Office 365.