Are you looking to convert NSF files into Outlook PST? This technical blog helps you find the complete step-by-step solution to export NSF to PST manually. All you have to read the blog carefully and follow the proper instructions. You can also try the third-party tool NSF to PST Converter for easy and simple migration.
Today, Lotus Notes and MS Outlook email-client applications are mostly used by enterprises to enhance their business and exchange emails globally. But due to some visible technology variations, people or companies are migrating from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook. Occasionally, you might require to open Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook just because of professional needs. But you fail to do it because Lotus Notes saves the files in NSF format whereas MS Outlook saves the files in PST format which means the NSF files can’t be open in Outlook. If you want to open your Lotus Notes file, then you require to convert NSF to PST format.
Common Reasons For NSF to PST Conversion
- Non-availability of IBM Lotus Notes: If any user is using Lotus Notes at his/her workplace and wants to complete the pending work at home. But fails to access the multiple NSF file due to the unavailability of the Lotus Notes application on the personal laptop or desktop.
- Changed Email application Platform: If any company migrates from Lotus Notes to Outlook to enhance business productivity, then the employees can’t access their old files in Outlook due to different application file formats.
- Job Switch: If any user, changes their job and found that the new company is using MS Outlook in place of Lotus Notes, then to open older files, it needs to export NSF to PST.
Easy Data Sharing: MS Outlook is much easy-to use and exchange emails than Lotus Notes as it requires technical knowledge to access the features.
- High-Cost: Lotus Notes is a highly secured and expensive email application that it maintains also very costly. Due to this, most users and organizations opt for MS Outlook rather than Lotus Notes for their business e-communication.
How to Export NSF to PST Format Manually?
There are multiple options are available online to export NSF to PST files, But, you require to be aware of the pros and cons of making wise decisions for email migration solutions. Well, there are no direct solutions available for multiple NSF to PST conversion manually, but you can use the import and export method for migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook in an easy manner. To convert NSF files to PST we have two Parts:
- Export Lotus Notes data files
- Import the exported Lotus Notes NSF file in MS Outlook
Part 1: Export Lotus Notes Data Files
Step 1:Open Lotus Notes application.
Step 2: In the Open Window, the NSF file that you wish to export -> Click on the Open button.
Step 3: Now, in Menu section, Press on File menu –> Choose on Export option.
Step 4: The Export wizard will appear, browse a location in which you want to save the new file.
Step 5: Once the location is defined, click the drop-down arrow in Save as type option, You can choose the Comma Separated Value option. Also, in the CSV Export window, define the amount of data you need to export -> and then Click on OK button.
Part 2: Import the Exported Lotus Notes NSF File in MS Outlook
Step 1: Launch MS Outlook application.
Step 2:Click on File Tab -> Choose Import and Export Option.
Step 3: In the Import and Export Wizard, Click on Import from another program or file option-> and then Press Next button.
Step 4: Now, an Import a file wizard will pop-up -> Click on Comma Separated Values (Windows) option -> Click on the Next button.
Step 5: In this step, choose the file that you want to import to MS Outlook -> Press on Browse to select the file -> and then Click on the Next button.
Step 6: Now, choose a location in your mailbox folder to import the CSV file -> Press on Next button.
Step 7: Now, Click on the Finish button to end up importing NSF files to the MS Outlook mailbox folder.
Step 8: Once the importing process is complete, the entire NSF file will get imported into the MS Outlook mailbox. Make sure, don’t interrupt the process until it’s completed.
The manual method of import and export is easy and safe but consumes a lot of time. The step-by-step process was shown by screenshots to guide new users and technical as well. If you are still not able to export NSF to PST then go with a professional third-party tool.
Best Method to Convert NSF to PST File Format
If you want to convert the NSF file to PST Format instantly, then you can use a third-party tool for quick results. Grab NSF to PST converter that is programmed for migrating multiple NSF files to PST format safely. The Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion is done without any data loss or corruption. The demo version of this tool can easily convert NSF to PST file format 25 files per folder with ease.
Some Key Features of NSF to PST Converter
- Convert single as well as multiple NSF files into PST.
- Export NSF files into PST, PDF, OST, CSV, TXT, DOC, EML, PNG, etc.
- It allows setting date range features
- Remove duplicate items from selected NSF files
- Maintain data integrity
- Supports all major versions of HCL Notes.
This blog describes the methods to export NSF to PST file format manually and with the help of a third-party tool. In a manual solution first, you have to export Lotus Notes data files and then import them into MS Outlook. On the other hand, using NSF to PST Converter you can quickly convert NSF to PST files by applying a few simple steps.
Question: How do I export Lotus Notes from Outlook?
Answer: Download & Run Sysinfo NSF to PST Converter to export Lotus Notes from Outlook.
Question: Can I open Lotus Notes emails in Outlook?
Answer: In order to open Lotus Notes emails in Outlook first you have to export NSF files into PST.