OST file is an offline stored representation of MS Exchange mailbox data. It allows users to view, access, and draft emails when Exchange Server is not present due to unwanted conditions. Sometimes, users need to convert OST files to PST online free just because their OST files may get damaged or inaccessible from the server. These corrupt OST files are prone to data loss.
Let’s discuss, Why we need to convert OST file to PST online free and possible reasons to export OST to PST?
Need to Migrate OST File into PST file Format
We can encounter several exceptions to convert OST file to PST online free, but to be precise to your knowledge, I have listed the possible reasons below:
- If your Exchange Server Account Gets Deleted Accidentally
If accidentally your exchange server gets deleted and you end up losing your data. At that time, you can restore your mailbox data by converting the OST files to PST file format.
- Exchange Server Maintenance
When the exchange server goes under unfavorable circumstances, then accessing the corrupted mailbox items becomes difficult. For this, you can export the OST file to PST to get access to these mailbox items.
- Need for Data Migration
When users want to migrate their data from one system to another, it becomes necessary to convert OST files to PST file formats.
- Server Crash due to Virus attack
Virus or Malware attacks could harm system files and affect your business transparency parameters. To overcome such mishappenings, you can backup or convert your OST files to PST file format.
- Backup Exchange Mailbox
Users can backup OST files to free up server space and keep a backup of data for future preferences.
Convert OST File To PST Online Free Without Outlook
SysInfo OST to PST Converter is a unique and comprehensive utility that allows users to convert OST to PST without Outlook. This software can convert an OST file to multiple file formats such as EML, MBOX, PST, MSG, HTML, DOC, CSV, etc. Accordingly, users can also export OST file to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Office 365, Thunderbird, and other email clients. It is a free tool to convert OST to PST online maintaining data integrity.
Steps to Convert OST File to PST:
- Download and Run SysInfo OST to PST Converter.
- Select the OST file using the “Browse” button, and click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- Here, you can also get a “Preview” of selected files or folders.
- Now, you have to pick any File Format or Email Client from the dropdown.
- To proceed with the conversion process, click on the “Convert” button.
- You can click on “Download Report” for downloading the resultant process history.
These are the steps to Convert OST File to PST online free without outlook.
How To Convert OST File to PST using Outlook?
Here, I will explain the hand-operated method to export OST File to PST using Outlook:
#1. Import/Export OST to PST in Outlook
Using the given steps, you can transfer their data to Excel or CSV format:
- Run MS Outlook
- In the “File” tab; select the “Import/Export” option.
- Click on the “Export to a File” option. Click on the “Next” button.
- To proceed further choose the “Personal Folder File (.pst)” option, and hit the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Inbox” option, and check for the “Include Subfolders” option. Tap the “Next” button.
- Now, define a specific name and location to your resultant file with the “Browse” button.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button.
#2. Use Archive to Save OST to PST
With the archive option, you can save Outlook emails from the OST file to PST format. I have explained the process to convert OST to PST online free in Outlook below:
- Run the MS Outlook in your system.
- From the “File” tab, select the “Archive” option.
- Now, check for the given option “Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings” this will automatically Archive your OST file to a new PST file.
- Select the “Ok” button to confirm.
- To select the folder for archive, click on the “Archive this folder and all subfolder” option.
- Here, you can select the “Inbox” tab and set the number of days from the “Archive items older than” option.
- Check the given option, “Include items with “Do not AutoArchive” Checked” if required.
- Now, select the location for “Archive file” by selecting from “Browse”;
- Click the “Ok” button to finish.
As per the archiving settings set by you, the files will get saved in the PST format.
In this blog, I discussed “How To Convert OST File To PST Online Free Without Outlook” to help you overcome the issues encountered while working with OST files. There were many limitations to OST conversion before, but now with the help of; online OST to PST converter tool, you can easily convert unlimited OST files to PST for free. As per your convenience, you can opt for any method which you like to open OST files without an exchange server.