“How to Import Mbox files to Outlook? I think it is an easy task to do. But I faced too many issues like data loss and corruption of some files. Can anyone suggest to me the perfect manual solution to import MBOX to Outlook?”
Yes, this article is for you. Here, you will find the step-by-step procedure to import MBOX to Outlook. MBOX is the popular file format supported by various email clients like Thunderbird, Powermail, etc. You can easily download the professional MBOX Exporter Tool to import MBOX files to Outlook. Firstly, let us discuss some important aspects of Outlook and MBOX which are necessary before importing the files.
MS Outlook is a secured and reliable email client that allows users to store their emails, contacts, calendars, tasks into them. Moreover, to set the collection of items, it uses the PST file. You can also use an Outlook Data File (.pst) to download or migrate items from any type of email account.
MBOX is a general term for a family of related file formats used to store email message collections. It saves emails in a concatenated format and stored in plain text in a single file. In addition, each email is set up after another and managed by the “From” header. But sometimes, when users want to access the MBOX files’ data in Outlook, they don’t do it. Then there is the need to Import Mbox to Outlook.
Need to Import MBOX to Outlook
- When users want to access their MBOX file emails in a professional environment.
- MBOX-based email clients have to lack many features.
- To access the MBOX emails in the desktop-based email client.
- Sometimes, one is not able to access large MBOX files.
- Chances that MBOX-based email software is unable to load every item of MBOX.
- Apart from emails, Outlook allows users to access and manage their contacts, calendar, tasks too.
- Outlook supports Exchange accounts, and it also allows its user to use it in an offline mode.
- MS Outlook provides better-controlling features to the users.
These are the several benefits that users get while converting their MBOX files into Outlook. Now, for your query: how do I import an MBOX file into Outlook? Let’s check out the working steps.
How to Import MBOX Files to Outlook 2016 Manually?
There are two different ways to Import MBOX to Outlook. The Manual and Automated Sysinfo MBOX Exporter. You can choose the one best for you; follow the below steps to perform the task manually. It has four stages.
Step 1: Export MBOX mailbox items
- Run the Apple Mail and select the mailbox which you want to import.
- Choose Export Mailboxes.
- Set the destination path to save the MBOX file and click on Ok.
Step 2: Now, Import MBOX Files to Eudora
- You need to rename the exported .mbox file to .mbx
- Now, move the file to this location “C:\Documents and Settings\ Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora”
- Finally, Open Eudora and click on the renamed .mbox file to open it.
Step 3: Move File from Eudora to Outlook Express
- Run Outlook Express and go to file> import>messages
- Select Eudora from the given list.
- Locate the folder where you saved the .mbx file before.
- Choose Ok>next>next>Finish
Step 4: Finally, Import the File from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Run Outlook and go to file.
- Now, click on open and choose import.
- The import/Export wizard will appear on your screen.
- Here, Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses
- Now, Click on next and choose Outlook Express.
- Select the Import mail option from the box and click Next, then Finish.
Using Drag and Drop Method
- First, Run Outlook on your computer.
- Select the Email folder in Thunderbird to save them in the EML file.
- Now, create a new folder in Outlook to import these selected mails.
- Now, drag and drop the saved EML file to Outlook.
Above mentioned steps are simple to apply, and one can easily import MBOX to Outlook 2016. However, these manual steps are complicated for the users, and there is also a chance of data loss. Thus I recommend you to opt with the professional utility to import MBOX emails into Outlook.
Free MBOX to Outlook Converter- Professional Solution
SysInfo MBOX Exporter allows users to export bulk no of MBOX files into PST file format at a time without any data loss. It is the best utility to import MBOX to Outlook 2016 with 100% accuracy. The software has an intuitive and easy-to-use GUI. Additionally, users can export MBOX files into different file formats and email clients like PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, Gmail, Office 365, etc.
Steps to Convert MBOX files to Outlook PST
- First of all, download and install the SysInfo MBOX Exporter Tool.
- Complete the installation steps and run the software as an administrator.
- Select Single File or Multiple Files/Folder options to add MBOX files.
- Check the folders from the tree structure and preview mail and attachments.
- Now, pick the PST format from the drop-down of Saves/Backup/Migrate As options.
- Check these features if necessary:
Remove Duplicate Mail: Opt with this to remove duplicate emails from MBOX folders.
Save In Save: Check this to make the source and destination folder the same of the Output file.
Migrate or Backup Emails Without Attachments files: Go through with this to export only emails.
- Tick the Mail Filter option to export or backup emails into a specific date range.
- You can also define the name of the resultant folder in which the exported email will store.
- Select the Path To Save button and assign a destination path for a new output folder.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to begin the conversion of MBOX into Outlook PST.
- Moreover, you can also download the report of the migration process.
Why Choose SysInfo MBOX Exporter Tool?
- Export MBOX emails into PST, PDF, EML, OST, MBOX, HTML, MHTML, TXT, DOC, DOCM, DOCX, PNG file formats.
- Migrate emails of MBOX files into Gmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, AOL, Opera Mail, Zoho Mail, iCloud, GoDaddy Email, and other email clients.
- Allows users to perform the bulk migration of MBOX emails with 100% data accuracy.
- Software is compatible with the major versions of Windows OS like 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
If you are looking for a solution for how to Import MBOX to Outlook, you may take the manual technique and export the file in different steps on your own. However, it’s not a reliable method, and the technicalities involved pose a chance of data loss. If your mailbox data is crucial, opt for the expert solution MBOX Exporter to convert MBOX into Outlook.