Is your Outlook not syncing with Gmail on Windows or Mac? This could be due to your Gmail settings or can be another problem. So let’s discuss the solution to fix this error.
When your business is able to use Microsoft products like Outlook, but you want to use Gmail simultaneously. At this moment, there would be no better way than to sync Outlook with Gmail. If so, there is a very convenient way to sync your Gmail account with Outlook.
Causes Of Outlook Not Syncing With Gmail
Before applying any process we should know why Gmail stopped working in Outlook. Therefore, I am mentioning some points ahead related to this issue :
- Sometimes, Windows updates can block the IMAP connection.
- A weak network connection can stop outlook from syncing with Gmail.
- Inaccurate settings of your Google account can be a factor that influences syncing.
- Rearranging folders in Outlook.
- The PST size restriction in Outlook limits syncing at one point.
- Due to a damaged Outlook data file Outlook stopped syncing with Gmail
Manual Procedure to Sort Out Outlook Not Syncing With Gmail
The problem can simply appear with contacts, only when deleting email, moving messages between folders, or with all aspects of an account. While no official fixes have been announced, there are a number of things you can do to fix these issues.
Stop Taking Google’s Free Sync Service
Google basically invented Google Sync and Google Calendar Sync to sync Gmail accounts with Outlook. Although, at the end of 2012, Google suspended both services. This is a reason that affects the syncing issue.
Avoid Unusual Updates
Updates KB2837618 and KB2837643 restricted IMAP folders from synchronizing correctly. Outlook must be configured to use IMAP to sync with Gmail. In order to re-sync your accounts, you need to uninstall these updates. Microsoft recommends avoiding upcoming updates until the issue is resolved or a new update is released.
Need to Reset
Sometimes you change too many settings, due to which you get into many troubles. The only way to resolve this issue is to delete both Gmail and Outlook accounts and add them again. No data is lost during the process as all email remains on Google’s servers.
Reset Gmail Account
- First, open Outlook and go to File>> Account Settings>> Account Settings.
- Now, select your Gmail account and click the Delete button.
- After that, go back to the File menu and tap on Add Account.
- Enter your Gmail ID and click on the Connect button. Choose Google when prompted.
- In the next window, enter the following information when prompted and click Next.
- Finally, enter your password and tap on the Sign In button to finish the process.
- Launch outlook.
- Select File > Add account.
- Enter the Email address, password, name, and click on sign in.
- Finally, add an email and click on the connect.
A Premium Outcome
If you try to use the free version of Gmail to sync with Outlook, you will no longer support Google Sync. Although Outlook allows syncing with IMAP, syncing tools directly through Google are available when you upgrade to a premium Google Apps account. This fixes some of the issues that many users only have with Outlook and IMAP.
Drawbacks of the Manual Procedure When Sync Outlook With Gmail
- Very complex method.
- Only technical expert users can find out the correct reason.
- Data security is not assured by reset or interfere with any setting.
Best Solution to Resolve “Outlook Not Syncing With Gmail”
It is good that you tried to solve your problem by checking your junk data or settings or with many updates. If you are still not able to find how to sync outlook with Gmail, use the Sysinfo IMAP Email Backup Tool. With the help of this direct method, you can easily solve this Outlook not syncing with Gmail issue without getting into any trouble. This expert tool also directly authorizes you to backup IMAP emails to PST, OST, MSG, PDF, MBOX, EML, and EMLX file formats.
In short, you have seen that many methods may have been discussed here. There is also the best method here that provides you a direct solution. I hope this method helps all types of users to solve this Outlook Not Syncing With Gmail Issue. The free version of this tool can backup or convert the first 50 IMAP emails for free.