In this blog, we will discuss PST Upgrade tool Free Version. First, we need to learn about ANSI PST files in detail. The ANSI PST files are Outlook data files that are generated in MS Outlook 97-2002 editions. The ANSI PST file size limitation is 2GB, and these documents are not compatible with non-English data. Be that as it may, with the arrival of MS Outlook 2003 Microsoft began offering more storage limit with respect to Outlook information files. The Unicode PST documents in Outlook 2003 and later versions highly supported multilingual information.
Making an ANSI PST document is extremely simple. The steps to upgrade ANSI PST records in Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 are practically identical. Read the below-mentioned details to learn how the utility works.
Reasons to Upgrade from ANSI PST to Unicode:
- ANSI PST was supported by 97/98 Windows versions which are now hardly used anywhere. To access those PST files in a new generation PC, the Outlook PST needs to be upgraded to Unicode format to open them in the trending Windows versions.
- ANSI uses 8-bit code. Whereas, Unicode uses 32- bit for each code point.
Download the PST Upgrade Tool Free Version:
PST Upgrade & Downgrade is the most advanced software built to upgrade and downgrade the Outlook PST file from oldest to newest version and vice-versa. The utility promises to keep the data intact throughout the conversion without modifying the data. If the user has no technical knowledge or supervision, then he/she can still use the utility without any worries. Now, let’s focus on the incredible features that utility offers.
- Compatible with bulk conversions of the PST file from ANSI to Unicode format.
- Auto-create LOG files containing all the data of PST update and minimization activity.
- Protecting Metadata of selected PST files after upgrading.
- Clients can attach the new PST records straightforwardly to their Outlook profile
- Delete duplicate files after such options are enabled.
Get Free PST File Splitter here
Let’s take a look at the working of the software to understand better.
- Install and download the PST Upgrade Software. The tool is now all ready to get started with.
- Before adding the PST files into the above column, first, make sure that the files that you wish to load are password encrypted. If not, password protect them, then load them to the list one by one.
- Choose the PST files by hitting the ‘’ADD PST Files’’ button or one can also browse the PST file using ‘’Search PST’’ button.
- The selected PST files will be listed below. Hit the ‘Next’ button to continue further.
- Choose a destination folder for the PST files where you wish to store them.
- After selecting the path for resultant PST, one can also set passwords for the PST file. A user will have options for password encryption type – choose PST type dor conversion and add the new PST to the Outlook account. Hit the Convert button to proceed further.
- Wait until the process gets completed successfully.
- After process termination, a confirmation message will be displayed on your screen. Hit OK to exit the software.
Why do we need a PST Upgrade Tool?
- The utility does not require any technical knowledge to acquire the results successfully.
- The utility is active. Therefore, it does not take long to upgrade the PST files.
- Helps the user viewing the old ANSI data into Unicode PST format.
Above we have discussed the PST upgrade tool free version. As compared to the manual procedure, the tool offers more in the free version. Also, being a free utility it does promise data integrity and successful conversion without any assistance. I hope you find this blog valuable.