To open/view PST file without Outlook is a difficult process as PST is an offline file extension of Outlook. To fetch or read a PST file, Outlook is needed to be on that system. But here, we are going to discuss the procedure to access the PST file without having access to Outlook. Users can either ask someone to convert the file format for them or themself can apply a conversion method to view/ open a PST file.
5 Top Free Methods to Open/View PST without Microsoft Outlook
There is a number of approaches that are used to open or view PST data without MS Outlook. But not all of them are trustworthy or reliable. So we made a list of top methods that one can opt to Open Outlook data file without Outlook. These methods are chosen and recommended by experts with a 100% success rate to solve your problem to view the PST file without Microsoft Outlook.
Method 1# Google GAMMO Tool to Open PST File without Outlook
Google GAMMO developed by Google is a fascinating tool to view Outlook PST without Outlook. It is a free utility that helps to migrate emails from PST files to Gmail mail so, that users can view pst files. The tool allows users to open calendars, emails, and contacts into Google mail. Furthermore, it includes a feature especially for administrators, to use the tool for bulk conversion only. The disadvantage of this tool is that the user can only export emails from one client to another.
It is a process of downloading, running and selecting your PST files. After exploring PST files, choose all the mailbox items from Outlook PST that you wish to move to another location. Also, it includes the date-range feature to sort mails according to specific date range.
Method 2# PST file to TXT format
If a does not have access to Outlook OST and wants to view the PST file instead then another person can convert the file format and then forward it to the individual.
- Open Outlook and then select mails from the mailbox that the user wishes to convert in Text format.
- After selecting mails, click on the File tab on the top.
- From the Menu tab, click the Save As button and then select TXT from the drop-down menu.
- Next, save the file in the user-defined location of your hard disk. Users can now send the PST file to as many contacts they want to.
Method 3# PST file to HTML Format
- Open MS Outlook on your browser, choose the mail from the mailbox and then hit on the file tab.
- Save the File as HTML using Save As menu.
- Finally, the user can send this HTML file to anyone who cannot access Outlook.
Method 4# Migrate PST file Gmail(G Suite)
The next trick is to migrate PST file to Gmail. Gmail is a universal email client and can be accessed from anywhere. For this, you can use PST to Gmail Converter or Google App Migration Tool. This utility helps to export PST file to Gmail along with the attachments. So that you can view PST data without Outlook on your machine.
Method 5# Expert SysInfo PST Viewer Tool
The user can opt for the automated approach instead. One such approach is PST viewer highly recommended by experts. Apart from just viewing the PST file, the tool has more features:
- It allows the user to open, view, and read Outlook PST files without using Outlook.
- Claims to open any PST corrupted file(ANSI & Unicode).
- Users can Preview PST files before downloading them.
- It handles alignment errors (if any).
- Export all the selected items to the HTML file format.
- Creates a log file at the browsed location.
- Compatible with all versions of MS Outlook/Windows OS.
We have discussed all the free methods and professional approaches above to clarify the options user can opt for. It is advised for users to always opt for professional tools for optimized results and must be updated for new Outlook tips & Tricks. There is always a slight risk of losing data due to a manual approach. Users can use the professional approach instead. Using any method professional or manual will help users open/view PST file without Outlook. I hope you find this blog helpful.