Are you also looking for a quality solution to convert excel to VCF but didn’ t find any solution yet. So, no need to worry, as you landed in the right place. Microsoft Excel is the most popular spreadsheet used to store the Contacts or the table data easily. But sometimes, users need to transfer their data from the Excel to VCF file format, in order to open it into the phone, Thunderbird, Outlook, or any other platform. But there is no way to directly import the Excel files into the VCard files. And hence, in this technical guide, we’ll discuss the ways to convert your Excel files into the VCF file format with the help of two different methods i.e., Manual method and the professional method. Move with us from top to end carefully, so that you didn’t miss any step that is required for this conversion.
Brief Intro About Vcard
vCard also is known as VCF (Virtual Contact File), is a file format for your electronic business cards. vCard allows the user to create and exchange information. They contain data more than the contacts like the contact name, address, telephone number, email address, photographs, audio clips, logo, and URLs. vCard file format is necessary is important as these file formats are supported by many other file formats like email clients and cloud services. It simply means that if you convert your Excel files into the VCF files then you can easily import your contacts to Android phone, iPhone, Gmail, and many more.
Continue reading to know- “How to convert excel to VCF file format?”
Methods to convert Excel files VCF
You can convert the Excel files into the VCF files with the help of two different methods i.e.:
- Manual Method
- Professional Method
Also, read- How to Repair Corrupted PDF Document?
Manual Method to Convert Excel to VCF Without Software
One can export Excel files into the CSV files format by following the steps given to you in 3 different parts. And these steps are:
Part 1: Excel to CSV Conversion
- Find & open your Excel files.
- Press the Office icon then on Select “Save As.”
- Click on the other Formats available.
- Select the location to save the CSV files.
- Set save type as CSV (Comma delimited) then click on the Save button.
- If your workbook has multiple sheets then a message appears on your screen. Click the OK button to save the sheets.
- Apart from this, you’ll get one more message. Press the Yes button.
Part 2: Import Contacts from CSV File
- Press the Windows icon button and type Contacts in the search box.
- Click on the Import tab from the Contacts window.
- Select CSV (Comma Separated Values) on the Import to Windows Contacts wizard then click on Import.
- Press the Browse button to find the CSV files that you created earlier.
- Select the “.csv” file >> Next.
- Hit on the Finish button.
Part 3: Export Contacts to vCard
- Open Contacts Window, select the contacts.
- Then, click on the Export tab.
- Choose vCards option, on the Export Windows Contacts wizard.
- Hit on the Export button.
- In the end, choose the destination folder to save your files and then click on the OK button.
After the completion of these steps, one will get the solution to their question – “How to convert Excel to VCF file format?”.
In the next section, we’ll get to know how to do the conversion with the help of Excel to vCard Converter.
Professional Method to Convert Excel to VCF files
The manual method is too time-consuming and lengthy processes hence we need an alternate method, which means to use professional tools to convert the Excel files. In the professional method, you just need to copy-paste all contacts which are saved in the Excel Sheet in XLX and XLSX file format. To perform this task you need an Excel to vCard Converter Utility apart from this there are many other features like Scanning, Preview, Multiple saving options, Column Mapping, etc. Through this utility, one can easily convert and Excel files into the VCF files that can further be imported into Outlook, Gmail, Thunderbird, and other popular platforms.
In this technical guide, we’ll discuss the techniques by which one can convert Excel to VCF without software. This conversion process held with the help of two most popular methods i.e., Manual as well as professional methods. If you find manual methods comfortable for you then it’s okay. But, if you don’t want to stuck with any problem occurred at the time of the