Forum Query: “From past years I had stored all my emails on iCloud, but lately I have started working on Windows. That is because Outlook will be my primary means of information, I will need to set up an iCloud email in outlook, but don’t know-how. Can anyone help me with this?”
If you are also looking for a way to export iCloud mailbox in Outlook then you can achieve it easily through this article. Everything you need to do is to read this page till the end to add iCloud email to Outlook with a simple process.
As you know iCloud is a very familiar cloud platform mostly used by Mac users and many people use this cloud platform worldwide regularly. Seldom, due to several reasons, many Mac users may want to know how to set up iCloud email in Outlook, just like the user above. In this instance, the user needs to add the iCloud account to Outlook to sync all the data and also wants to open iCloud emails in MS Outlook. In this article, we are going to provide a way to do so; let’s get started.
Some other reasons to add iCloud Mail to Outlook:
The causes can vary user-to-user. As iCloud only provides 5GB of free space but for Outlook users, archiving the mailbox and obtaining it in Outlook seems to be a better situation. Other conditions specifically demand PST files to provide to clients or other work-related qualifications. However, with no concern about what the situation demands, the essential result remains the same.
You can export or add iCloud Emails in Outlook via four methods:
- Set up iCloud Email Account in Outlook
- iCloud to PST Migration on Mac
- A direct method to import iCloud email in Outlook PST on Windows
- Export iCloud Email to Outlook Windows
Method 1: How to set up an iCloud Email Account in Outlook?
To set up an iCloud email account in Outlook, you require to follow the below-mentioned steps. Plus before you begin adding your account to Outlook, you need to complete a few pre-addition customs, like creating an app password from the website of iCloud. This is important as it is the password that you will enter while being asked for a password to log in to iCloud for security reasons. To create this security password, go to iCloud’s website and then go to the Security tab, there click on the Generate Password and proceed with further steps. After you generate the password, copy and save it. Now, let’s get started with the iCloud email account set up in Outlook.
- Open Outlook on your system, and click on the File menu. Hit Add Account from the Info section of the File menu.
- Now choose Manual setup or additional server types from the Add Account dialogue box. HIt on Next to proceed.
- After that, select service from the given options, go for POP or IMAP and click on Next to proceed.
After that in the Account Settings option; enter all your details asked, like name and email address. From Account Type, choose IMAP from the drop-down, in Incoming mail server, enter imap.mail.me.com, and in Outgoing mail server, enter smtp.mail.me.com. Then, in Logon Information insert the iCloud username and password.”
Note: Do not forget to check the box “Remember password” and “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA).
- Open More Settings, and in the General section, input the name of your account.
- After that, click on the Outgoing Server tab, and check the box against My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and apply the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Now in the Advanced tab resemble Server Port Numbers – in IMAP server enter 993, and in SMTP server enter 587. Also, the type of Encrypted connection for IMAP and SMTP will be SSL& TLS.
- Hit the OK button once you are done with filling in all these details.
- After that, click on the Next button.
- Now if you are capable to log in to the account properly, click Close and finally click on Finish.
If you follow all these steps carefully then you will be able to add your iCloud account to Outlook easily. Hence, you can view iCloud email in Outlook.
Method 2: Perform iCloud to Outlook PST Migration on Mac
Yes, Apple mail has an export option but it exports only in MBOX format and not PST. However, it still gives us a free and quick way to get hold of all iCloud messages in one file. Follow the steps to export iCloud mail to Outlook:
- Start Mac Mail and choose the iCloud inbox from the mailbox list.
- After that, go to the Mailbox menu and choose the Export Mailbox option.
- Now, set a proper file saving location to save the iCloud messages.
- Hit the save button which will create an MBOX archive that contains all your messages.
- Now convert MBOX into PST on Mac and import PST in MS Outlook.
Method 3: Export iCloud Emails in Outlook on Windows OS – An Automated Approach
Since many users are there who want to convert and backup their iCloud emails to Outlook Windows systems. Here we introduce DRS iCloud backup for windows for them. This is an iCloud backup tool that ensures a smooth backup of all sorts of iCloud data and all its items to Outlook PST. The extra benefit of this tool is that it also saves data to EML, MSG, MHT, HTML, DOC, DOCX, PDF, and many more formats. This iCloud Mail Outlook tool is flexible with all versions of Windows OS and MS Outlook. Also, you can export iCloud emails to Gmail, AOL, Office 365, IMAP, Hotmail, etc email clients without any hassle.
You may also read: How to Backup Hostgator Email To Local Computer
Steps to export iCloud email in Outlook PST:
- Download and run DRS Windows iCloud Backup Tool and enter your iCloud user name and password.
- Now select the mailbox items that you want to export and click NEXT.
- After that select PST as file saving format from the drop-down.
- Apply remove duplicate emails and maintain folder hierarchy feature.
- Similarly, apply other features like free up server space, mail filter, custom folder name, etc.
- Now select the destination path where you want to save the output files.
- Click the convert button to start the iCloud to PST conversion process.
- In some time, all your iCloud Account data will be converted in Outlook PST format.
Method 4: Export iCloud Email in Outlook Windows
An easy way is available to access the emails of iCloud in Windows Outlook. It includes the iCloud for Windows application to sync all your data directly to an installed MS Outlook app. Follow the given steps:
- Start the iCloud for Windows application on your PC.
- After that log in with your iCloud email account credentials
- Tick the Mail option and hit the Apply button.
Once completed, open your MS Outlook application to check the appearance of the iCloud mailbox containing all your required iCloud emails.
In this technical article, we have considered how to export iCloud email in Outlook by following some manual steps. We also have added DRS iCloud backup tool. It is a tool for iCloud email backup that can easily convert iCloud data to PST to open it in Outlook. We suggest its demo version to have a precise knowledge of the software. This demo version of the tool can backup 50 items into a PST file in no time. If you are gratified with this trial version of the tool, purchase the full version for the best results.