Being an outdated email client, a Windows Live Mail has many issues as well due to which users encounter with a common error. The most probable error is “Windows Live Mail error id 0x800ccc79 server error 550”. This error is faced by most of the Windows Live users due to which they are unable to operate it fluently. So, here we came up with some of the best tricks to fix such errors.
There are many issues with Windows Live mail including unstable email communication, lost mail, metadata manipulation of messages, etc. The free email client has since been stopped by Microsoft. Even so, a few other users are using it as a client to exchange emails and store information, since it has the benefit of becoming consistent with nearly all Windows operating system variants.
Let us start with the Error in detail first…
Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc79:
This error usually happens when a user of Windows Live Mail tries to deliver a message to the targeted recipient. Yet this error message occurs before the user rather than the message being sent:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was ‘email@example.com’. Subject ‘****’, Account: ‘servername.com’, Server: ‘servername.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: ‘550 relay not permitted’, Port: 465, Secure (SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Now, let’s talk further about the main reasons and causes of the error.
Reasons behind Server Error: 550 Windows Live Mail 0x800ccc79
- PST files are corrupted
- Creating wrong Outlook configuration
- PST file passes its fixed limit on file size
- A problem in connecting POP3 and STMP protocol to database server
- Inappropriate integration between Server and Outlook
- Inaccurate passwords or usernames
- Infection by virus
Symptoms of 0x800ccc79 Error in Outlook:
- When running the same software your PC often fails with Error 0x800ccc79.
- “Error 0x800ccc79” pops up and the active system window crashes.
- Windows runs slowly and responds steadily to input from the mouse or the keyboard.
- “Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc79” pops up.
- Your computer “freezes” regularly for a few seconds at a time.
Now, as you know the reasons and symptoms for it, let’s move ahead to know the methods for solving the error.
Strategies to Troubleshoot “Windows Live Mail error id 0x800ccc79 Server Error 550”:
If the error message occurs while the application is logged in
This scenario usually occurs when the mailbox Outbox folder contains a stuck mail. Below are the steps to get this resolved as follows:
Method 1: Enable or Disable Work Offline Mode
- Firstly, sign in to your Windows Live Mail application.
- When the error code disappears, then visit the File menu >> Work Offline. This option will make your application to work in the offline mode.
- Then visit the mailbox Outbox folder, and pick the email message under it. Make a right-click and pick Delete option to remove it.
- Next, again visit the File menu >> Work Offline to deactivate the offline mode.
- Then, close the application and restart your device.
Verify if the error displays on launching the Windows Live Mail application or not.
The server does not enable the message to be sent to the recipient, which indicates the server settings have some problems. This error generates on SMTP which disables the SMTP authentication. So, first, start to repair SMTP by the following steps:
Method 2: Enable SMTP Settings
- First, start the Windows Live Mail application.
- Then, pick your account and make a right-click on it. Now, choose the Properties option.
- Move to the Servers tab >>Outgoing server option.
- After that, pick the checkbox saying “My outgoing server requires authentication” and press OK.
- In the end, just close and restart the Windows Live Mail application.
Now, again sends the email and verify if the error comes again or not.
These manual methods help you in solving “Windows Live Mail Error: 550 0x800ccc79”. If you are getting frustrated with Windows Live mail email client and want to move into other email clients like Outlook, then choose EML to PST Converter. This converter easily helps in moving all the EML files of Windows Live Mail into PST files of Outlook. It does not make any alteration in the original files and structures. This utility is well-known for its easy to access GUI and 100% security.
With the Windows Live Mail client, generally, most of the users face the “Windows Live Mail error id 0x800ccc79 server error 550” issue. So, here we have cleared all the solutions to resolve it. It is good to go with manual methods as mentioned above to solve the error. But, if you want to solve this problem for future purposes then you can opt for shifting towards the Outlook email client. The Outlook is better than Windows Live Mail in providing amazing features. I hope, you find this blog profitable.