Microsoft Outlook is an essential email client to store mails for sending and receiving messages. The OST file is an Outlook data file stored in the local system as a backup file. But at times, you may require to extract contacts from OST file free of cost. OST files may get damaged due to Outlook failure or hardware failure, which can hamper productivity. As we all know, this is a disturbing situation so, to recover an OST file, we suggest you follow the given steps properly.
There are many ways a person can cure OST files and get rid of OST file corruption forever. Before I tell you how to fix this issue, you must know why you need to extract contacts from your OST files.
Why do you need to Extract Contacts From OST File?
As a user, you might have several requirements from an OST file, among which specific reasons are as given below:
- You may need to create a backup of the OST file.
- In case you want to recover contacts from OST file.
- If you need to convert an OST file to another file format.
- Maybe, you want to transfer an OST file to an email client.
The reasons mentioned above are the queries a user searches on the web to extract an OST file. Now, let us discuss methods to retrieve your contacts.
Solutions to Extract Contacts From OST Files
Microsoft Office Outlook utility comes with inbuilt features to recover files from corruption. So, I will be explaining to you the inbuilt methods for data extraction.
Method #1. Import/Export Approach
The Outlook Import/Export feature has been provided in Microsoft Office version 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. Follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Outlook application on your system.
- On the main screen, select the File tab.
- Go to the Open & Export menu, and click on the Import/Export button. An Import and Export Wizard will pop up.
- On the next window, click on the Export to a file option, then tap Next.
- In the Export to a file window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) option. Then tap on the Next button.
- Now, tap on the Inbox and check the Include Subfolders. Then click on the Next.
- Here, Browse the destination and mark the required Options. Click on the Finish button.
- Give a password and verify it to create a password-protected Outlook Data file, and click Ok.
If you are unable to retrieve contacts from the OST file from the method discussed above, you can also apply the next approach.
Limitations to the Above Approach
As per the method discussed above, there are some drawbacks to it.
- The method is a time-consuming process.
- There is no surety of data loss.
- The user must have the technical knowledge to execute the steps.
- By some given methods, contacts from corrupted OST files won’t be extracted.
- Exchange server connection must be established to execute the tasks.
Method #2: Instant Approach – To Recover/Extract Contacts from OST File Free of Cost
To recover or retrieve an OST file contact simply, you can take the help of the Outlook OST File Recovery tool. It helps to recover the OST file contacts in just a few steps. With this tool, you can repair OST files with no data integration and maintain the hierarchy throughout the process. The tool also provides all in one facility of exporting an OST file to various file formats or email clients
OST files are sensitive data files that are prone to corruption. To Extract Contacts From OST File, I have provided a step by step solution. As the above solutions have some limitations and need the technical expertise to retrieve emails from the OST files. Moreover, To avoid such restrictions, opt for an alternate solution to recover contacts from the OST files.