Are you facing the issue outlook stuck in offline mode and likewise looking for a profound way to resolve the issue? If so, then you have landed on the right page.
MS Outlook is one of the most preferred email clients In this digital era,. Because of its advanced features of email management like sending and receiving emails. However, several users find it difficult to work due to various issues like internet issues, an issue with the email account, etc. Sometimes, the users face problems due to unintentionally enabled work offline mode. Moreover, Outlook offers some inbuilt visual cues with which you can find its current working status. in this article, we will discuss ‘how to fix outlook working offline issues?’. But before we introduce the methods, Let’s look at the causes due to which Outlook stuck on work offline mode. So, let’s begin the blog without wasting time.
Possible Reasons Why Outlook 2016 stuck in offline mode:
- If you are connected properly, then there may be an issue with the mail server. To ensure this sign in to your account. And check whether you can Send/ Receive emails or not. If you find issues in the working of email servers, then contact your admin.
- If you can Send/ Receive emails, but the connection gets interrupted regularly, then it means you need to update the system. It also implies that there may be some issue in your account configuration.
Here, we have identified the main reason behind outlook 2016 stuck in offline mode issue. Now, let’s redirect to the solutions in the next segment of the blog.
Solution: How to Fix Outlook stuck in offline mode issue?
We can get rid of the Outlook working offline issue using manual techniques. And for this, you simply have to follow the below-listed steps in the same way.
- Initialize the Outlook desktop client.
- Reach Send/ Receive and select the Work Offline to reconnect.
Points to take note:
- First, If you find that the Work Offline button has a shaded background, then imply that you don’t have connectivity to the internet.
- Secondly, if Outlook is executing, then go and check the Quick Launch Taskbar.
- Thirdly, a cross mark will appear on the Outlook icon if Outlook is Working Offline.
- Now, you can also confirm the status by observing the status bar.
- Lastly, if you have established a connection with the internet, then the status will show you as ‘Connected’.
Here, we discussed a manual way regarding query ‘how to fix outlook working offline error’, and some points that you must keep in mind. But still, you are stuck in offline mode, then don’t worry. In the below segment, we have listed some tips and tricks to fix the inconsistency.
Methods to fix outlook stuck working offline problem:
Here are some tricks mentioned that can help you deal with outlook working offline mode issue:
- Reconfigure the Offline Working Status: As we discussed above, go to the Send/ Receive tab, select Work Offline, and check your status.
- Keep Eye on Updates: You can fix the issue ‘how to fix outlook working offline error’ by checking for the updates. And for this, Go to any of the MS Office apps and then reach File >> Account. Underneath the Product specification, Tap on Office Updates.
- Build up New Profile: You may face this error due to some problems in the current Outlook profile. So professionals recommend creating a new profile. Access File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings >. Choose the required account you wish to eliminate and then Hit Remove.
- To add an account, go to Access File >> Add Account and proceed as per the instructions.
Now, we will go through some tips and tricks that will help you overcome the Outlook stuck in offline mode issue.
Sometimes, users unknowingly continue to work in Offline mode. And the entire offline works get saved in the Offline Storage Table i.e, OST files. Moreover, these files are prone to corruption due to several reasons. Therefore, if you need to extract any unsynchronized data to avoid data loss. Then, you may need a professional way to deal with such an issue. One such tool is OST File Recovery by SysInfoTools. Using this software you can fix errors in OST files and successfully repair all issues in MS Outlook.
So in this technical write-up, we have reviewed and solved ‘how to fix Outlook stuck in Offline Mode’. Hope these tricks will help you in doing so. I also explained a situation where your file fails to synchronize automatically. And you need to retrieve those data files with a professional solution.