Microsoft is a reputed name in the tech world. Its enterprise solution package Microsoft Office 365, consists of a handful of subscription services like Teams, Exchange, OneDrive, etc. Another such attractive feature of Office 365 is the Shared Mailbox.
Shared Mailbox provides the user with a practical option of sharing the mailbox only with those who have access to do so. The functionalities such as read and send emails depend upon the permission provided by the admin. Users can easily access these shared mailboxes in their Microsoft Outlook application, but sometimes, some users face issues like the Office 365 shared mailbox not showing in Outlook.
So, here we are providing you with some unique solutions to resolve this issue.
Also Read: Archive Emails in Office 365
Solutions to Resolve Office 365 Shared Mailbox Not Showing in Outlook Issue
In this section, we will watch and learn some solutions to make MS Outlook shared mailbox visible:
- Add a new Shared Mailbox in Outlook
- Shared Mailbox Synchronization Troubleshoot
Solution 1: Add a new Shared Mailbox in Outlook
When we configure our account into Outlook, the Shared mailbox in Office 365 should come up by default just as it comes up in the Online web version. If it is visible in the Online version only, then we can try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook application
2. Open the Account Settings window from the File tab.
3. In the Account Settings window, click on the Change icon after selecting your Office 365 account profile.
4. Go to More Settings from the Change Account window.
5. From the Advanced tab, press Add button.
6. Type the name & location of the shared mailbox and select OK to proceed.
7. Now, your Office 365 shared mailbox not showing in Outlook issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Shared Mailbox Synchronization Troubleshoot
If even after trying the above solution, you are still unable to view Office 365 access shared mailbox, then you should try out this troubleshooting solution.
- Make sure to check that MS Outlook is not running.
2. Step 2: Click on the Mail icon in the Control Panel window.
3. Select Email Accounts on the next window.
4. Upon highlighting your Office 365 account, click on the Change button.
5. Select More Settings.
6. Press the Remove button on the Advanced tab.
7. Now, restart MS Outlook and repeat solution 1.
These solutions can surely help you in resolving the issue. But these can also be frustrating because these involve a lot of complex steps which may not be easy for everyone to understand. Hence, we will suggest you create a backup of Shared Mailbox to Outlook with the help of a third-party solution to export Office 365 shared mailboxes.
How to Solve Office 365 Shared Mailbox Not Showing in Outlook Issue Using Third-Party Solution
The third-party solution is worthy of giving a shot because of its unique features & easy-to-use interface, which allows you to smoothly backup the Office 365 shared mailbox to Outlook without wandering in the above solutions. It can also help you in migrating to other email clients such as Yahoo, AOL, etc.
It is available for both Windows and Mac platforms and gives you the freedom of creating a backup in various file formats such as PDF, DOC, DOCX, etc. Let’s see how it works.
- Download & Install Sysinfo Office 365 Backup Tool.
- Launch the software.
- Choose Office 365 Backup
- Log in with your Office 365 account username and third-party app password.
- Check Mailbox User ID and click on Next.
- On the next window, check all the folders you want to backup and click Next.
- Select the file format of your choice to backup to outlook front the drop-down menu. Here we select PST to explain the process
- Define the location for the resultant folder by using Path to Save.
- Click on Convert to start exporting.
You have now created a backup of the Office 365 shared mailboxes that can be easily exported to Outlook by the Import/Export option.
We learned the reasons behind Office 365 Shared Mailbox not showing in Outlook, and we also learned various solutions to resolve the issue. Also, we made the solutions easier by introducing a third-party solution which made the process much easier and simpler to understand.
We wish you understood the resolutions provided.