Microsoft Outlook is a Windows Personal Information Manager, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. It also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, notes, and journal, although it is mostly used as an email program. This blog explains all the most important Outlook Tips that help in increasing productivity. So, if you also want to maximize your Outlook productivity then follow this blog till the end.
Top Outlook Tips to Maximize Productivity-
Point 1: Keep Outlook Inbox Clean:
Cleaning up your inbox is one of Outlook’s critical productivity tips. Inboxes are just loaded with too many redundant email responses that don’t matter to you. So, if you want your Outlook Inbox to be cleaned then you can clean up the feature that allows users to delete all unwanted responses. This can also delete certain emails which are shared replicas.
- First, visit the “Home button” and look for the clean-up button >>hit the clean up Folder option.
- A pop-up will display on the screen. Press the “Clean Up Folder” button.
- Finally, it will remove all duplicate emails from your Outlook Inbox Folder.
Point 2: Build Outlook Encrypted Emails
Outlook offers an option to encrypt the messages so that such emails can only be read by the intended recipient. You may also encrypt both the text and attachments. It helps only certain receivers to read the message you’ve passed the key to.
Perform the following steps to encrypt the messages:
- First, go to the File tab>> Options >>Trust Center>>E-mail Security option.
- Enable digital signing and encryption by clicking on the corresponding box. If you don’t have a Digital ID then you need to get it done.
- Press the option “Get a Digital ID…”. It will enable you to access links to a number of providers, including Comodo, which provides free email certificates.
Point 3: Keep Changing Passwords
The protection of emails is an essential aspect of using an Outlook app. Outlook saves all the data for any user, including passwords, bank statements, bills, etc. When anyone accesses your account by residing somewhere else it takes a long time to handle it. So, please keep using security measures (change password) to protect your account in the future.
Point 4: Store Emails in a Specific Folders
You have a lot of emails loaded in your inbox which will be difficult to manage. When all emails are stored in several folders to store emails sent from a single email address, this will be easier to manage and will also improve efficiency for Outlook. It should organize all emails beautifully so that you can quickly access them.
Steps to develop a new folder:
- Visit your Inbox and do a right-click on it then select New Folder.
- Now, press the File tab >> Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Within the Manage Rules & Alerts, look for Email Rules >>tap the New Rule option.
- Go to Apply Rule on Message I Receive option and press it, then hit the Next button.
- Enable the checkbox next to From people or public group option, and tap From people or public group.
- Now, double-click the name of the user whose messages you need in the new folder, and then press OK.
- Hit the next, and mark the checkbox next to move it to a specified folder.
- Press the specific link, and go to the created folder.
Point 5: Block the unwanted Emails
Still, you find spam messages in Outlook accounts. You should follow one of the Outlook tips to remove the hurdle. If you don’t want any spam emails, that email can be blocked very easily. To do so follow the following steps:
- Initially, visit the Home tab and hit the junk dropdown.
- By selecting junk dropdown, a dialogue box will appear displaying junk folders.
- If you notice an unrelated message from a known sender then push ignore to transfer all emails to the deleted tab.
- Or in the MailSort, you can go for a Mute function that blocks conversation from that sender. In addition, you will get the notification of muted mails for future viewing of the mails.
Outlook consists of OST and PST files for storing email data. Outlook productivity decreases when Outlook OST files get corrupted due to some errors. So, to make them repaired or healthy, the best way is to convert OST files into PST file format. Therefore, use the OST to PST Converter tool to quickly repair the corrupted OST files and get a healthy PST file in output.
Through this post, you find 5 major Outlook tips that operate for increasing the Outlook efficiency. Doing this helps in solving all Outlook related issues. Also, for making Outlook data files healthier, the best utility is provided. I hope this write-up suggests all appropriate ways to make Outlook free from any error.