In this article, we facilitate all the possible methods to solve the query of how to fix Outlook sync issues. This the article till the end.
Outlook synchronization is a built-in process in Microsoft Outlook that happens when the OST and PST files get updated. When Outlook sends and receives any emails or the other folder is updated. At the same time, it also updates the Exchange Server about these changes. As an example, when the user edits, deletes, sends, and receives an email in MS Outlook, the changes are also updated on the MS Exchange Server.
At times, this procedure might get interrupted and you can face Outlook synchronization errors. Depending on the email account settings, the amount of Outlook data, and many other reasons. The synchronization procedure may be stopped due to the large OST file. In such cases, Outlook won’t let you send/post and receive emails from the Outlook profile. Users need to fix that issue fastly to avoid further damage. And before fixing, firstly check the OST file is sync or not.
How to Check Whether Outlook is Syncing or Not?
Before trying to fix the Outlook syncing errors with the methods. Check if the sync error is between the MS Exchange Server mailbox and the OST file. For checking, follow the steps given below to check Outlook is not syncing:-
- Firstly open the Outlook and right-click on the folder present in the Inbox, Sent items, drafts and etc
- Then, choose the Properties and hit on the Synchronization tab, and browse for the Statistics for the folder
- In the end, check the stats of the last sync data
Manual Methods to Fix the Outlook Sync Issues
Follow the methods to resolve this Outlook synchronization problem:
Method#1 Change Profile Settings to Sync Outlook
If there are a number of items in the Server folder carries a section (is same as) along with that of in the Offline folder. Then, your Outlook folders are synced properly. If in case, the number of items differs in both sections, then you have to verify the profile settings. And to verifying follow the steps:-
- Firstly, open Outlook>>File tab and choose Account Settings
- Then, in the Account Settings, tap on Data Files
- After that, check whether the Mailbox account name is set to default or not. If that’s not, then make it default. After finishing, tap the Email tab>>Mailbox>>Account Name and click on Change
- Now, just be assured that the box next to Use Cached Exchange Mode is chosen and then hit on OK
- Then, to save all the changes, hit on the Close and exit the Account Settings Window
- In the end, close and reopen Outlook
Method#2: Empty the “Sync Issues\Local Failures” Folder
If you face Outlook sync errors, try to empty the Sync error/Local failures folder in Outlook. You can see the folder unless you set it visible. For making the folder visible, follow the steps:-
- Firstly, tap in the Folder List icon that is located at the bottom of the left-hand corner of your Outlook
- Then, under the All Outlook items tab, search for the Sync Issues folder
- Click the “+” button and view the three sub-folders namely Local Failures, Server Failures, and Conflicts
- Now, empty the Sync issues folder by choosing all the messages and remove them and take the exit from Outlook when done.
These are the manual methods to perform when Outlook not syncing. But these manual solutions may cause corruption in Outlook PST files which causes more issues. So, to repair them quickly and securely, you can use third-party tools.
One such utility is a PST Recovery Tool by which you can easily repair PST files quickly and hence, fixes Outlook sync errors. This tool helps you to fix any corrupted or damaged Outlook file. It also restores the large-sized Outlook file. It comes with an advanced algorithm that makes it easy to handle. It’s GUI is user friendly and anyone without any technical knowledge can use it.
In this blog, we have discussed the manual method and the automated method to fix Outlook sync issues. It’s always a better choice to choose that method by which you can easily fix the Outlook 365 sync issues. The automated method is the perfect choice to fix the errors as the manual method is quite complex. The automated method is easy in use and also saves time. It fixes the sync issues with accuracy.