In this blog, we will discuss ‘’how to extract all attachments from Outlook folder’’. Focusing on the agenda, the user needs to know all the important details about the Outlook platform to understand the issue better. MS Outlook has undoubtedly changed the way of conveying a message. The Outlook is known for saving their data in PST file format for backup purposes. But, sometimes the users wish to download/extract the attachment files from the email messages. In most cases, attachments become the reasons for the large Outlook data file. The increase in file size can lead to the corruption of the system as well as the file itself.
“Assume a user using MS Outlook and has multiple attachment files that downgrade the performance of Outlook data files. To maintain a strategic distance from the speed issue, the client can expel or store all Outlook email message attachments to a different location from where they can be accessed later.
To put more light on the issue, let’s move forward to the how-to method resolving the same.
How to Manually Extract all Attachments from Outlook Folder ?
Method 1: Save all Attachments in One Email Message
- First, Choose an email message to store all it file attachments.
- Now, hit one of the attachments of that particular mail message.
- In the Attachment tab, choose the option Save All Attachments from the Actions menu.
- Next, save the attachments to a particular file/folder, then press OK.
Method 2: Save Outlook Attachments Using VBA
- Hit “Alt key + F11” together to open VBA Editor.
Note: The user can download VBA Macro from http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Save-attachments-from-5b6bf54b
- In the VBA Editor, go to the “File” menu and then click “Import File” -> Import the downloaded file.
- Next, click Save, then exit the VBA Macro window.
Note: Now, enable all macros in Microsoft Outlook
- Choose the mail messages whose attachments you wish to migrate.
- Then, press ‘’Alt Key + F8’’ key together to open a Macros pop-up window.
- In Macros pop-up box, choose the Execute Saving option, then hit “Run”.
- A dialogue box will appear on the screen. Choose a folder where you wish to store the attachments.
Method 3: Rule to Download Attachments in Outlook Automatically
- Open Outlook account on your system, go to Rules -> Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Hit ‘New Rules’ tab, press “Apply rules on the message I received” and hit Next to proceed further.
- In the new pop-up window, hit “Yes”. Next, you will observe various options – tick “Run a script” option.
- One must also select the name of the script and the press “OK”. Hit Next to continue.
- Now, the attachments will be successfully saved at the user-defined location.
Challenges faced by the User while using the Manual Method:
- The user must have the technical knowledge to operate with the above method for successful downloading.
- The methods are messy as well as take a long time in downloading every attachment.
Extracting Attachments from Outlook Mailbox Automatically
If the users find the above method trickier and unjustifiable, then they can simply go with the alternative method that promises giving accurate solutions and to keep data intact while extracting from the mailbox. One such utility is Outlook Attachment Extractor. Listed below are some of the attributes of the mentioned utility.
- Migrate Outlook PST file to .eml, .mbox, .pdf,.html,etc. file formats.
- Export Outlook PST to Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo email client.
- Splits MBOX file if the file size exceeds 500MB.
- Converts PST file to ICS and VCard file format.
- Maintains the structural hierarchy of the source folder.
- Permits user renaming resultant file accordingly.
- Auto-detect PST files based on names, range, date, etc. filters.
Above, we have discussed the manual and alternative to extract all attachments from Outlook Folder automatically. As we have stated the limitations of the manual, you must have got the idea that the manual procedure lacks in data integrity and accurate solutions. To prevent taking such measures the market offers solutions that are built and tested by experts in order to solve Outlook problems. These solutions aim to resolve the issues of the user in a simple way. I hope you find the above suggestion beneficial.